Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Our latest home improvement project...



I have received several requests for pictures of our latest home improvement project. I was definitely a process, and I have the pictures to prove it! It all started with an innocent trip to Ikea to look at some bookshelves for the family room and snowballed into a partial room redo.





 New paint, newly wired electrical outlets and a light switch complete with dimmer and of course, custom built-in cabinet and bookshelves (unfortunately(?) not from Ikea). 




Thanks so much to a wonderful brother-in-law and sister who watched Jacob so that we could paint! I love all the storage space and feeling more organized.

4 comments:

  1. Totally jealous! I wanna own walls so I can have fun at IKEA :P It's gorgeous!!! You should stop by again sometime. We were talking just this afternoon about having people over (such as y'all) and about how freakishly often properly planned get-togethers are cancelled due to illness. Makes it a lot less exciting to plan ahead when you know someone's gonna end up sick :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT is so COOL!! I think I need to go to Ikea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so AWESOME! Did you get the shelves and cabinets at IKEA, or did you go somewhere else? It looks great! I don't know if I'd be able to tackle something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, IKEA just got us thinking. I knew that I wanted something with cabinets on the bottom and that I wanted the cabinets to be deep enough to store toys, games, etc. In the end, IKEA didn't have shelving deep enough or the right color. So, we had these were custom made.

    ReplyDelete