What I am doing in 2010:
Get Healthy
Since September 2009 I have lost about 22 lbs (45 lbs total if you count from just after Jacob was born). I have about 8 pounds to go to meet my inital goal. No, I'm not doing anything drastic, (which is probably why I am actually have success). I have just been tracking what I eat and riding the exercise bike 5-6 days a week for 30 minutes and a minimal amount of strength training.
I discovered a great iPhone app called "Lose it!" that helps you track the food you eat and your exercise. I love this program, it is so easy to use and it has really made a difference in how I think about food.
I am also participating in BYU's Y-Be-Fit program. Check it out if you are interested in getting an overall picture of your health and wellness. It's especially a great deal for BYU students and faculty.
Learn more about Photography
I have wanted to learn more about photography for years, but have never signed up for a class. For Christmas Dave gave me a photography book, complete with lessons and assignments. So for now, we are working our way through a chapter each Monday night.
My goal is to be able to take great photos of my kids and stuff that we do as a family while we are still young!
Cook Healthier Meals and Desserts
Just ask Dave, I am always reading cookbooks. For Christmas I got the Hungry Girl Cookbook and have been enjoying trying out some new recipes. So far I have tried Chunky Apple-cinnamon Muffins, Chunky Caramel-apple Pumpkin Dip w/ Sweet Cinnamon Pita Chips and Butternut Squash Hashbrowns. I also made my own version of the "Swirls on Wild Brownies" that turned out great!
Learn to Decorate Cookies/Cakes
I received a Williams Sonoma Cake Decorator for Christmas. Don't let the brand fool you. It was horrible! We tried to use it to decorate a gingerbread house and it was so hard to push the icing out that Dave and I had to trade off, just to give our hands a break. I just traded it in for the Pampered Chef model and can't wait to give it a try!
Weekly Schedule for my Toddler
Now that Jacob has given up his morning nap I need to find things to keep us busy during the day. We have gone to the Library Sing and Sign class a few times. They also have a Music and Movement class that we have tried out. The Provo Library has a great "Mother Goose" program that we attended today. We will definitely be going back!
Any other great toddler ideas?
I'm so impressed with you! I never thought to check out what the library had going on for kids, great idea! My kids like to swim so we do that sometimes.
ReplyDeletethe library is a great place to go when you have a toddler.
ReplyDeletei'm so impressed with your goals.
you inspire me:)
Sounds like you have been busy! When the weather is warm we always hit the park.
ReplyDeleteIf you go to a gym with a day care, that can be a fun way for him to get some play time in and for you to work out, all in one go. (Its also a great way to give his immune system a workout with all the little carrier monkeys he'll interact with)
ReplyDeleteI got the the cook-book Cook-Wise for Christmas. Its a keeper.