Wednesday, February 24, 2010

First week in Nursery and what do we get?


We decided to bring Jacob into the nursery this week at church.  He still has another week before he hits 18 months, so was are staying with him for these first 2 weeks.  He has such a great time!

I had to laugh because one of the nursery workers commented that they were glad that so-and-so's black eye was healed up for the new kids first week in nursery, (didn't want to shock the new parents.)  I guess there was a little issue between a couple of the kids and one ended up with a black eye a few weeks ago.

Well, Jacob made it through his first day of nursery unscathed.  But, later that afternoon when he woke up from his nap I heard a loud bang immediately followed by crying.  I ran in to see what had happened and found Jacob standing in his crib with his blanket over his head.  He had a dark spot just below his right eye that quickly turned into a large "goose egg."  Someday he will learn that it's not the best idea to run around with a blanket over his head.

So if anyone asks, yes, Jacob did get a black eye on his first day he attended nursery!  ;)

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Poor kid! Michael and I are both in nursery now and LOVE it. Our kids are all pretty mellow -- we don't have any hitters or biters :) What other church class can you stack up blocks and snitch pretzels? In about a year the nursery is going to start getting insane. Our ward had 30 new babies in the last year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I can't believe he's ready for nursery already! When did this happen? He's gotten so big...and what a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh the bumps and bruises a boy will get. Zurich is a total klutz. He has a constant bruise on his forehead from running into corners, doors, walls, even the floor. good luck to the little guy! and you!

    ReplyDelete