Friday, March 20, 2009

Date Night

Dave and I have had fun over the past few weeks doing "themed" date nights.  Our usual date consists of going out to dinner somewhere and then home for a movie.  Earlier in the year we had an Italian date night, we picked up some yummy gelato from Maestro's on Center St. in Provo and then headed home to watch The Italian Job.

Last Friday we had an Asian date.  We went out with my sister, Melodie and her husband, Mark to Shoga Japanese Sushi Bar in Orem.  I am not a sushi fan, but Dave is and he had been to this restaurant previously with some co-workers and really wanted me to try it.  He even went as far as bringing a copy of the menu home to show me that there was in fact food that I would enjoy!  

The sushi looked beautiful.  Mark and Dave really enjoyed it, especially
 the citrus rolls.  Melodie and I each had a Chicken Don Buri bowl that included teriyaki chicken, rice and tempura Japanese yams and zucchini.  Yum!

Kung Fu Panda was the movie for the evening.  Good show!

Our next movie is Prince Caspian. I am a little bit stumped when trying to come up with a coordinating restaurant...Any ideas?



3 comments:

  1. English food? Fish and chips? Kidney Pie or something? That would fit along with the WWII english setting if not Narnia setting. Maybe somewhere that serves Beef Wellington.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Prince Caspian, Aslan represents Christ, who is the lamb of God. So go eat lamb at a greek restaurant, gyros or something like that.

    -Brent

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are too cute! Fish and chips sound yummy and I am sure those kids ate a lot of fish and chips :)

    ReplyDelete