Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hallelujah!!!

After weeks of dealing with my little cat napper, I decided to try swaddling again.  Here is a picture of Jacob after he woke up from his nap yesterday.  

We had been very avid swaddlers until Jacob was about 4 months old.  He seemed to do well without the swaddling when he slept, so we stopped.  But over the last few weeks he has been unable to sleep more than 20-30 minutes during his daytime naps unless we held him.  So, yesterday, I swaddled him up for him morning nap and he slept, and slept, and slept.  I finally woke him up after 3 hours!

I am trying it again today, so far, his been napping about and hour and a half.  Yeah for swaddling!

6 comments:

  1. amen to the swaddling. i did it with both kids for as long as their swaddling blankets fit them! :)
    he looks so rested and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love swaddling. It's a great way to help them sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did the same thing with Caden, and life was wonderful after we started swaddling again! Even though he'd slowly inch his hand out, and sometimes his whole arm, we kept swaddling as long as possible. Good luck!
    Lawanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my girls couldn't stand it by the time they were a few months old. They're just anti-sleep though, I'm pretty sure :P As soon as they *could* move on their own power they refused to be confined.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been my experience that he is only okay w/ it when he's sleepy. Otherwise he must be free to flap those arms, kick those legs & try to sit up (which currently consists of doing a long-sustained crunch while grunting until mom or dad help him sit up).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that smile! What a cutie! You should get Bill to show you his technique :-) He would wrap our kids "like burritos." He's very good at it. My swaddle just isn't very snug. It's all good though :-)

    ReplyDelete